Windows XP Product Key
Windows XP is part of the operating systems of Microsoft Windows. It dates back to the year 2001. It has been in the market for long and the value has not depreciated even with the introduction of newer versions. It became what most people used immediately it was released in 2001. New updates are no longer available for this OS. Without the product key, Windows XP tends not to work as effectively as you want. Therefore, the generating of a product key for it is very important.
How to Find the Window XP Product Key
If you want to install your Windows XP all over again, the product key for the Windows XP will be needed for the installation to be successful. Normally you can get your product key in your email if it was downloaded. You can also get it on the ever of box of DVD used. But if re-installation of this Windows XP is required but the product key cannot be located again, then you need to improve. Finding the product key for Windows XP will be discussed below
To find window XP product key is not a difficult task. It will take you not more than 10 minutes to complete the finding. The steps required are given below
- If you want to locate the product key of window XP manually from the registries, it seems very not possible to be achievable because it is an encrypted process.
N.B.: for operating systems such as Windows 98 and Windows 95, the manual procedures can be used in locating product key for them. But it does not work with Windows XP. The manual Procedures can only provide the product identification for your Windows XP and not the original product key for installation.
- There are many programs online that are free for generating product key. Close one of these free products that are compatible with Windows XP. The needed product keys will be generated for you automatically with the program.
N.B.: if you can get any finder program product key that works with Windows XP, then this same key finder can locate product key for Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional edition.
Tip: the several available product key finder programs are Belarc Advisor, ProduKey, LicenseCrawler, Magical Jelly Bean Key finder, and Win key finder. These are just a few out of the tools available online.
- Choose one of these key finder application and download it. There are specific instructions that are provided by all key finders software. Follow them accordingly without taking any for granted. The Belarc Advisor is the key finder that was used as a point of references in this course of writing this article. It is an easy one to use. Just make use of CD to install the Belarc Advisor. Then run or launch the program in order to locate the product keys for Windows XP. A default browser will show and the required product key will be located in it. It can be seen at the section on software licenses.
- The displayed key must be a combination of letters and numbers. It will add up to 25 characters if counted. The format of the product key is always the same as the other software. The characters will be grouped into 5 characters each with a hyphen to differentiate them.
- Copy this code somewhere else or simply write it out. Make sure it is correctly written down. Any missing characters mean the installation will not be successful. Do not interchange any of the letters with numbers. Some of the software for finding product keys can allow you to import the product key directly to Windows XP.
MORE AT universal key generator
What to Do If That Method Refuses to Work?
If it is important for Windows XP to be installed on the system and the product key cannot be found even with the help of key finder, then there are other two choices left for you.
Microsoft support center can be contracted for a replacement of product key. This is very cheap and easy to do. But if this method refuses to work out, then you are left with only one more choice, get a new product key. Purchase a new copy of the Microsoft product and start with the installation afresh.
Is Serial Key Needed For Windows XP Installation
There are two major means of licensing agreements for Windows XP. One is the Volume Licensing Key (VLK) and the Volume Licensing for the organization (VLO). The significance of mentioning this is that any DVD with VOL written on it means that such Windows XP does not require the use of product key. Therefore, it can be installed without necessarily using a serial key.
But if VLK is what is written or seen on the DVD, which means a genuine product key is needed for installation.
Do You Need A Windows XP 32-Bits or 64-Bits Key?
Windows XP was created and programmed for a computer of either 32-bits or 64-bits. 32-bits refer to your system central processing unit architecture. Therefore, if the processor of your system is 32-bit, that requires a 32-bit Windows XP to be installed. Likewise, for a 64-bit processor, it needs a 64-bit Windows XP version in order to be able to handle the memory size.
Initially, the majority of the computer was making use of 32 bit during the time of launching of Windows XP. This implies that over 90% of people using Windows XP are using 32-bits OS. But there is 64-bit Windows XP that is available for 64 bits OS.
How to Use Windows XP Product Keys
- Go to start button and click it.
- Right click on the computer option and look for properties option.
- Click the Windows activation option that is always at the bottom of the screen.
- An option of changing the Windows XP product key will come up.
- Choose this option and insert the product key in this box.
- Wait for the product key to complete its work.
- It is now ready for use.
- Enjoy its features to an optimal level.
|Having same terms|
|windows xp product key||DFJKDIE-DFJKDI-SLAK-SDKA|
|windows xp professional product key||3500SDJ-Q923892-4892-34892|
|windows xp home edition product key||1WE9022-4389393-3489-34893|
|windows xp pro product key||1,5003492-2392721-2389-38920|
|windows xp sp3 product key|